Class Policies 2020 | The small print
- Beginner: Beginner with little experience sewing.
- Beginner Plus: Confident beginner who can use a sewing machine and has some experience with rotary cutting.
- Intermediate: Intermediate quilter who is experienced with rotary cutting, sewing, and some quilting techniques.
- Advanced: Advanced quilter who is ready to take on more complex challenges.
- Kids Beginner: Shows an interest in sewing, is comfortable using scissors, follows directions and stays on task for 1 hour or more.
- Kids Beginner Plus: Can operate a sewing machine on their own, use scissors and iron safely, follows directions, and stay on task for 1 hour or more.
- Kids Intermediate: Intermediate sewer who is experienced with rotary cutting, sewing, and some quilting and sewing techniques.
Sign-up for classes may be done in the shop or by phone. Payment must be made at the time of registration and may be cash, check or charge. Your confirmation receipt will indicate dates and times of your class, minimum and maximum enrollment information and cancellation policies. Students will be given a supply list after payment is received (some class kits may be given to you at the start of class by the instructor.) Books or patterns listed on the supply list will be available at the store. We must follow copyright laws. While friends may share a book or pattern, copies may not be used in class unless by written permission from the designer or publisher, your class fee will count towards your loyalty points. Students receive a 10% discount on all supplies from the time of registration to the last day of class. So sign up early for more savings!
A minimum number of registered students will be required to hold each class (at the discretion of the instructor). To aid the scheduling process, students are encouraged to sign up early. In the event that a class does not have the minimum number of students, we will notify the students five (5) days prior to the class. If we cancel a class because of low enrollment, students will be issued a choice of a full refund in the method of payment used or store credit for future classes or purchases.
You may cancel your place in class up to five (5) days before the first class session. At that time, you will be issued a full refund in the method that you paid for the class or store credit in that amount. If you cancel your place in a class less than five (5) days before the class you forfeit your class fee.
In the event of a teacher illness or schedule conflict, we will try to reschedule the class. you may receive a full refund or store credit if you are unable to make the new class dates.