Beginning Quilting Lessons
Wooden Gate is committed to offering our community the opportunity of learning the basics of quilting and using your sewing machine.
The course is offered quarterly and taught by owner Debi Bucciarelli. The Course covers the following:
- The Basics - Tools Needed
- How to Choose Fabrics
- Understanding sewing machine basics ( bobbin winding, threading, stitch length)
- Fundamental Quilt Blocks
- Rail Fence
- Nine Patch
- Borders - Batting - Backing
Please sign up on the form below and we will contact you as soon as the class dates are set!
Supply List for Beginning Quilting Classes:
Wooden Gate has all of these supplies in stock and we can put a starter kit together for you on our first class.
We have chosen the specific items below to make sure that you have the best tools to start your quilting/sewing journey on.
Book: Start Quilting by Alex Anderson - Excellent reference book
Sewing machine (if you don't have one - please call and we can rent you one)
- Rotary cutter (45mm)
- Rotary cut mat (18" x 24")
- Rulers: 6" x 24" & 3" x 12"
- Seam ripper
- Small Scissors
- Quilter's Select Fabric Marking tool
- Pins (we suggest Magic Pins - Quilting or Patchwork)
- 50 wt - Neutral color thread
Beginning Sewing Interest
Please fill out this form and we will contact you as soon as we assign dates.